What is a Dermal Clinician?
A dermal clinician specialises in skin management and non- surgical cosmetic treatments to assist with a variety of skin conditions.
Conditions that our dermal clinicians treat commonly at Geelong Veins, Skin and Laser include:
- Signs of aging, including fine lines/skin texture and tone, sun damage
- Redness, visible capillaries on the face
- Acne and the scarring from past acne
- Skin pigmentation problems including melasma and freckles
- Scars and stretchmarks
- Unwanted tattoos
- Hair removal
A qualified dermal clinician has completed the University degree of Bachelor of Health Science (Dermal Therapies). This degree is the highest level of training in Australia for dermal clinicians and extensively covers skin biology, anatomy and physiology knowledge. This 4 year degree was specifically designed to educate dermal clinicians to be able to assess all skin conditions and manage risks associated with advanced dermal therapies to ensure safe and effective treatments.
Treatment modalities that our dermal clinicians use include:
- Laser (multiple laser machines and wavelength settings for different treatments)
- LED/photo dynamic therapy
- BBL (Broad band light)
- Skin needling, PRP (platelet rich plasma)
- Microdermabrasion and peels
All dermal clinicians at Cosmetic Laser Medical Centre are members of the Australia Society of Dermal Clinicians.