Light-Emitting Diode, commonly referred to as ‘LED’ is a semiconductor light source that emits therapeutic wavelengths (or colours) of light energy in order to benefit particular aspects of skin health used in LED light therapy.
At Geelong, Veins, Skin & Laser we use Allmedic’s medical grade LED machine to target concerns such as acne, ageing skin and healing post treatment. Our Allmedic LED machine includes both red and blue light therapy, with the ability to mix both lights simultaneously.
- Increases rate of healing time post treatment
- Stimulates healing of blemishes, cuts and abrasions
- Activates fibroblast cells
- Encourages regeneration and stimulation of collagen and elastin
- Helps to reduce fine lines
- Improves overall skin tone
- Helps to destroy P. Acnes bacteria (the bacteria that lives below the surface of the skin and is responsible for acne.)
- Stimulates porphyrins
- decrease scarring
- promote anti-inflammatory effects
Safety of LED light therapy
- Unlike other types of light therapy, LEDs do not contain ultraviolet rays. Therefore, they’re safe for regular use.
- Doesn’t cause skin irritation/inflammation compared to other anti-aging treatments such as chemical peels, dermabrasion, and laser therapy. It is safe for all skin colours and types.
- You shouldn’t use it if you take Accutane for acne, or other photosensitising medications – for example doxycycline.
- Side effects are rare.
What should I expect after my LED treatments?
LED light therapy is non-invasive, so no recovery time is required. You should be able to continue with your everyday activities once your treatment is over.
In clinic LED light therapy requires up to 10 sessions or more, however you may experience minor results following your first session. Each treatment can be performed as regular as possible as there is no down time needed in between for skin healing. The more treatments you can have, the better. Results will be more dramatic and noticeable once you’ve finished all of your treatments.
As your skin cells turn over, you may lose some collagen and start to see signs of aging again. You may also start to see acne breakouts. This is why it’s recommended that you go back for maintenance treatments every few months or as recommended by your therapist.
How to find out more?
You can book in with one of our experienced Therapists by calling 5229 6866 to discuss LED Light Therapy.